Site Operations Engineer
Posted on: August 17, 2022Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge is a trusted and forward-looking data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Our mission is to bridge the digital divide across Asia Pacific by building the sustainable digital ecosystems of the future. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making digital infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical.
Founded in 2020 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and currently provides data center and fiber services across China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and the Philippines. This role is an exciting opportunity to join our fast growing team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Facility Operations Director, this role will work with colleagues to monitor data center operations and respond to customer requests within established Service Level Agreements (SLAs). This role will be based in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, Philippines.
- Daily walk-through and documentation of data center status to identify trends and discrepancies, e.g. power availability, temperature, and humidity
- Ensure availability and capacity targets are achieved for the technical infrastructure of all our data centers
- Operate and inspect emergency power generation and reliability equipment, and develop reliability reports to assist in identifying potential areas of concern
- Install new units or replacement parts according to specifications and established safety guidelines
- Perform maintenance and service repairs on critical data center systems (UPS, PDU, diesel generators, ATS equipment, chillers etc) and all electrical equipment to ensure efficient operations
- Schedule and oversee all maintenance vendors to ensure personnel safety, protect critical equipment, and maintain power to the critical load
- Collect and generate vendor field service reports (e.g. for preventive maintenance, repairs, etc.)
- Maintain a strong technical knowledge of electronic controls, power distribution, microprocessor control systems, and environmental control equipment (HVAC and air conditioning)
- Actively champion and implement policies and procedures for occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; incident management; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Must have a Registered Electrical/Mechanical Engineer License - Registered Master Electrician is an advantage
- Must be a Certified Data Center Professional - Certified Data Center Specialist is an advantage
- At least 1 year of technical experience in data center operations
- Reasonable knowledge of data center critical equipment
- Basic understanding of how to read and prepare MEPF load schedules and plans
- Good communication and technical writing and skills advantageous
- Hands on technical trouble shooting experience is desirable
- Experience with AutoCAD software advantageous