Sales Engineer Senior Manager, Hyperscale & Strategic Accounts
Posted on: September 25, 2023Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge is a trusted and forward-looking data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Our mission is to bridge the digital divide across Asia Pacific by building the sustainable digital ecosystems of the future. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making digital infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical.
Founded in 2020 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and currently provides data center and fiber services across China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and the Philippines. This role is an exciting opportunity to join our fast growing team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Chief Product Officer (dotted line to Vice President, Hyperscale & Strategic Accounts), this role will be responsible for managing and training country Sales Engineers. This individual will work with the sales team to understand customer requirements and drive solutions using your technical expertise. The role will be based in Singapore.
- Identify customer’s technical needs, challenges and requirements
- Utilize defined technical processes and procedures to develop solutions
- Manage and guide in-country Sales Engineering team
- Provide support for customer meetings, tours and sales presentations
- Coordinate and support RFI/P/Q preparation as requested by sales team
- Develop a good understanding of Digital Edge data centers and services
- Work with Product and Construction teams to define and improve product offerings, and provide input on next-generation data center design and functionalities
- Collaborate with internal teams (Customer Care, IM/Ops, etc.) to ensure smooth project transition from pre-sales to post-sales
- Actively champion and implement policies and procedures for occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; incident management; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years relevant sales engineering experience in data center industry
- Prior experience working with hyperscale data center projects required
- Experience working in global/regional matrix organizations
- Self-motivated, positive attitude with strong organizational, project management
- Possesses basic industry knowledge and familiarity of the competitive landscape
- Good communication skills and command of English language, multi-language skills preferred