Associate Director, Product
Posted on: July 27, 2022Apply Now
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital. Founded in 2019 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this role will be responsible for the development of our hyperscale colocation service offering across the platform in multiple countries. The talent has to drive the implementation of hyperscale data center projects in terms of product specification, pricing strategy, SLA, and operational requirements. This role will be based in Singapore.
- Work with Corporate Development on business case development, site selection, and M&A projects
- Assist hyperscale sales/sales engineering team and in-country sales team in proposal development, vendor qualification, and technical Q&A
- Lead a cross-functional team to manage colocation product lifecycle, conducting sales training, researching competitive market situation, identifying key customer buying trends, coordinating with Engineering, Operations & Construction
- Lead the order-to-bill implementation and other product launch preparations with a cross-functional team with representatives from IT, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Construction, and Legal
- Drive product alignment/integration projects with cross-functional teams of the company for all M&A projects
- Develop Sales tools, product collaterals and presentations, and conduct product trainings
- Provide analyses and report on product performance to the management team
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization.
The Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in colocation product management, data center capacity procurement, or data center development
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with hyperscale colocation projects
- Experience with hyperscale data center development process, schedule, cost structure, and construction
- Deep understanding in data center architecture, M&E, cooling, security, etc. essential
- Excellent writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Highly effective on cross-functional team communications
- Experience working for a multi-cultural, multi-national company
- A team player willing to be hands on in a dynamic and fast paced environment