Director, Data Center Services
Posted on: September 22, 2022Apply Now
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital. Founded in 2019 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Vice President of Data Centre Services, this role will manage a team of data center professionals responsible for customer service delivery, custom solution design and incident management, as well as play a key role in all electrical and mechanical matters. The Director should lead by example and be able to work collaboratively with other team members to solve problems. This role will be based in Seoul, Korea.
- Hire and manage a high-performing team of data center professionals for designing advanced data center solutions and supporting 24/7 operations
- Define and manage KPIs to measure and continuously improve operational efficiency
- Lead a team of engineers in custom solution design using proven design principles, new technologies and creative approaches
- Optimize the provisioning process to speed up delivery cycles
- Actively monitor incidents and quickly drive resolutions
- Work closely with the Country Manager and Corporate Development team to support M&A and new build data center activity
- Act as the technical leader for customer communications
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years of technical management experience, preferably in IT or data center operations
- Minimum 5 years direct experience with data center operations
- Project management experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills