Facility Operations Engineer
Posted on: December 2, 2022Apply Now
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Facility Manager, this role will develop & implement operational processes & procedures and support the Country Data Center Operations team to deliver operational consistency. This role will be based in Osaka, Japan.
- Oversee data center capacity management (Space & Power)
- Develop security procedures and maintain security systems
- Incident management, including appropriate fault response and escalation
- Supervise routine maintenance and construction work with vendors
- Establish appropriate operational documentation (e.g. SOP, MOP, EOP) and prepare management reports
- Manage external vendors and other third parties such as building management and utility providers, including supporting the procurement of renewable energy where applicable
- Assist in creating efficiencies across data center operations, including in PUE metrics, operational costs and vendor management
- Manage COLO/DC to resolve any infrastructure engineering issues
- Actively champion and implement policies and procedures for occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; incident management; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Diploma/ Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in data center facility management and operations or equivalent
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure facilities equivalent to CDCP or CDFOM
- Knowledge or experience of certification programs, e.g. ISO 27001, 14001, 45001
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills1
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Self-motivated, and able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- English language skills preferred