Facility Operations Engineer
Posted on: December 2, 2022Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge is a trusted and forward-looking data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Our mission is to bridge the digital divide across Asia Pacific by building the sustainable digital ecosystems of the future. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making digital infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical.
Founded in 2020 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and currently provides data center and fiber services across China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and the Philippines. This role is an exciting opportunity to join our fast growing team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Facility Manager of Infrastructure Operations, this role will develop Building Management System (BMS) network monitoring, controls and energy management systems to optimize data center operations and facilities management globally. This role will be based in Japan.
- Supervise BMS operational maintenance work and renewal construction work with vendors, including assessing drawings, plans, specifications and other documents relating to BMS/Control Projects
- Manage multiple data centers to ensure alignment with BMS control systems and monitoring, and troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Recommend BMS replacement strategy (if required) and implementation approach with no or minimal disruption to infrastructure alarms monitoring
- Assist in the design, construction and commissioning phases of new data centers
- Review and manage all design documentation for ACMV, HVAC and Control systems
- Automate BMS data upload to Digital Edge global platform systems to ensure critical infrastructure alerts are prioritized
- Execute one or more data center automation projects in parallel and ensure completion of the project promptly and within agreed budgets
- Perform preliminary energy audits and provide recommendations on potential energy conservation measures and financial assessments on an annual basis
- Actively champion and implement policies and procedures for occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; incident management; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Diploma/ Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in data center facility management and operations or equivalent
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure facilities equivalent to CDCP or CDFOM
- Familiar with Network configuration, troubleshooting and industrial communication protocols, like Bacnet, Modbus, OPC or SNMP
- Familiar with standard calculation heating/cooling load, equipment sizing (MV& AHU), Electrical load and PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness)
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Self-motivated, and able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Fluent in Japanese language with Intermediate English language skills
- Experience working within a large scale critical environment is a plus