Group Financial Controller
Hong Kong / Singapore
Posted on: December 21, 2022Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve.
Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient, and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Founded in 2020 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What we need:
Reporting to the Head of Finance and working closely with the CFO, the Financial Controller will have a hands-on role in all financial reporting, operations, and compliance matters across the Group, with an objective to further develop and enhance the Finance function. This individual will lead a group of direct reports as well as provide direction, guidance, oversight and leadership to in-country finance teams and the broader Group Finance function. This role will be based in Hong Kong or Singapore.
- Responsible for all financial reporting, operational, regulatory and compliance related matters
- Own the delivery of insightful internal financial and cash flow reporting, actively identifying and addressing opportunities to further enhance the month end process
- Act as a key central knowledge base and go-to resource for Group and in-country finance teams, with a view of driving consistency in application of financial policies and procedures across the Group
- Lead the development and roll-out of a uniform finance system across the Group and help identify and drive opportunities for efficiency in internal processes including accounts payable, compliance, etc. (including potential outsourcing)
- Provide financial inputs and guidance into various commercial analysis and budgeting, having influence in critical decisions
- Work closely with auditors and advisors to ensure tax and statutory audit obligations are adhered to
- Proactively identify opportunities and solutions to improve the efficiency and integrity of internal controls within financial processes
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Technically proficient - CPA or equivalent qualification and 'Big Four' trained
- Substantial experience in a senior finance managerial position, within a multi-country or regional context
- A team player with an eye for detail and willing to be hands on in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Solid project management, presentation, communication and analytical skills
- Experience in telecommunications/digital infrastructure sector beneficial
- Post-merger financial integration and/or system integration experience advantageous
- Fluent in English with proficiency in another Asian language preferable