Operations Procurement Associate
Posted on: January 10, 2023Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve.
Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient, and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Founded in 2020 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What we need:
Reporting to the Operations Director, this role will work in post-sales support and help resolve complex customer requests. This role will be based in Tokyo.
- Responsible for execution of all relevant contract documentation including obtaining signatories and supplier certification such as insurance & ISO documents
- Work with business partners to develop and agree Master Agreements, SOWs, and other business and commercial arrangements
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and partner with the Legal Department on contract lifecycle management
- Implement and execute an end-to-end supplier management process
- Support selection of new suppliers and conduct RFx, and act as an escalation point for suppliers when needed
- Track deliverables including contract awards, supplier rationalization, and cash flow optimization, reporting on a monthly basis
- Identify and execute process improvements, applying best practices and generating efficiencies across multiple products and services
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- 3+ years experience in a similar procurement role
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Able to collaborate across multiple functions and build strong working relationships
- Able to manage high volumes of work in a dynamic, evolving environment
- Good communication skills both in English and Japanese