People Operations Manager
Posted on: July 19, 2022Apply Now
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital. Founded in 2019 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Vice President, People & Culture, this role will provide the full spectrum of human resource and administrative functions for the Japan team. The key internal customers for this role will be the Country Manager, Japan, and the Japan management team.
- Manage employee lifecycle “hire to retire” processes and achieve operational excellence (administration, compensation and benefits, employee relations, HR data management, employment ordinance compliance with all Japan employment law)
- Support the recruitment function by liaising with direct sourcing/pipelining, liaising with external agencies (as required), interview coordination, preparing offer proposals and employment agreements
- Facilitate employee onboarding and learning for new joiners to providing exceptional employee experience
- Maintain payroll, Time-off and employee benefits programs
- Provide HR advice to people related issues and provide coaching and mentoring for managers in employee matters e.g. performance management, employee relations, retention risks
- Support the annual performance appraisal, bonus, and increment exercise
- Monitor local policies and ensure compliance of company procedures
- Support special projects and drive continuous improvement on HR operations
- Carry out direct sourcing and work with vendors on talent acquisition
- Align and comply to the best practices in DE’s recruitment lifecycle
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Human Resources
- Seasoned and mature individual contributor with a minimum 6 years of focused HR Operations experience in data centres within infrastructure/telecommunications MNCs
- Strong demonstrable experience working in MNCs reporting to global HQ and partnering with local stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Japan local law (Japan) and job market
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Hands on experience in managing and navigating HRIS (e.g. Workday, Odoo)
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English