Senior Counsel, Compliance
Hong Kong / Singapore
Posted on: October 31, 2022Apply Now
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital. Founded in 2019 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, the role will provide legal and compliance advice to our operations across the region. This position will serve as the focal point for the company’s compliance programs and activities and the successful candidate will need to be a person of high integrity. This role can be based in Singapore or Hong Kong.
- Develop, implement and review programmes to facilitate data privacy compliance to meet the needs of the business and local jurisdictions
- Provide data privacy legal advice and subject matter resources such as Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policies and Procedures, Sanctions Program, KYC program, Third Party Due Diligence and Data Privacy and Data Protection Policies and Practices
- Ensure compliance across all aspects of global privacy laws and regulations. Including but not limited to data protection, data security and data breach rules
- Keep track of latest developments and inform the business on all updates on privacy laws and regulations globally
- Monitor any changes in regulations that may have implications
- Conduct risk assessments and make recommendations on risk mitigation techniques and controls
- Design, coordinate and implement education and training on the company’s compliance program to ensure that all employees comply with relevant laws, rules and regulations
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure consistency in policies and procedures across the company
- Act as point of contact for the company to respond to government investigations
- Investigate matters related to non-compliance with company policies and procedures
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Qualified lawyer with Common Law jurisdictions (10-15 years PQE)
- Experience with developing, implementing and monitoring company-wide compliance programs
- Demonstrable data privacy exposure with international litigation and compliance experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and management skills
- Proactive, self-driven and a good team playery
- High level attention to detail