Senior Engineer, IT Operations
Posted on: July 29, 2022Apply Now
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital. Founded in 2019 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Senior Information Security Manager, this role will be responsible for defining the security policies and procedures at Digital Edge and developing controls to manage cyber security risks.
- Understand and support user needs
- Create requirements documents for the regional team as well as local language documentation
- Deploy and support IT solutions, including desktop, servers, applications and network, and ensure their correct operation
- Test applications extensively to ensure they are error and bug free
- Act as a technical advisor to all departments
- Work with local partners to support integration projects, including data migration
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Knowledge of database systems is desirable
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Must be fluent in Japanese and have strong written and verbal communication skills in English