Senior Financial Accountant
Posted on: November 3, 2022Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve.
Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient, and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Founded in 2019 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What we need:
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this integral role in the Digital Edge Group financial function will be responsible for supporting Group financial reporting, compliance and accounts payable. Utilizing your motivation and experience in a variety of finance areas, you will have the opportunity to expand your accounting knowledge with broad exposure across finance, and be part of a growing and dynamic finance organization. This role is based in Hong Kong.
- Preparation of a full set of accounts for Group APAC entities and ensure timely completion of all month-end and year-end accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations, provide insightful and analytical analysis on GL accounts, support monthly management reporting
- Liaise with external auditors and internal/or external tax representatives for statutory audit, preparation of audited financial statements and GST / Corporate tax filings to ensure full compliance of statutory requirements
- Maintain and ensure lease calculations are in compliance with IFRS16
- Identify process improvement opportunities and implement enhancement to strengthen financial controls
- Support treasury by monitoring group accounts and managing accounts payable and vendor payments
- Participate or lead in ad-hoc tasks and assigned projects
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- A technically strong qualified accountant with an audit background
- Experience in a similar senior accountant role with a regional office/multinational organization preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and able effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment
- Fluent in English with proficiency in another Asian language an added advantage