Senior Project Manager, Construction
Posted on: January 12, 2023Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve.
Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient, and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Founded in 2020 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What we need:
Reporting to the Construction Project Director, this Senior Construction Project Manager role will organize and oversee construction projects to ensure completion in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate must be well-versed in construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve results. This role will be based in Seoul.
- Develop and oversee the project delivery plan, including cost management, project schedule, quality and performance baseline
- Identify, analyze and mitigate project risks, including overseeing laborers, adhering to construction deadlines, and ensuring EHS compliance
- Manage all project consultants and contractors, overseeing the bidding and evaluation process as well as contract compliance
- Establish and maintain project communication protocols for all internal and external stakeholders, including regular reporting mechanisms
- Coordinate with third parties as required, including obtaining necessary permits, licenses and Power Supply Connection
- Coordinate stakeholder input to ensure the project meets end user requirements
- Manage the transition of completed projects to the Digital Edge Operations Team
- Actively champion and increase awareness of their responsibility to occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor/ Masters degree, relevant construction or engineering discipline preferred
- 7-10 years of data center construction experience, preferably with green/brownfield projects and owner side project delivery
- Complete lifecycle Project Management experience (from design to close out), with a minimum project value of US$250 million
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong team player with good communication and negotiation skills