Senior Sales Engineer
Posted on: October 11, 2023Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge is a trusted and forward-looking data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Our mission is to bridge the digital divide across Asia Pacific by building the sustainable digital ecosystems of the future. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making digital infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical.
Founded in 2020 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and currently provides data center and fiber services across China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and the Philippines. This role is an exciting opportunity to join our fast growing team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Sales Engineering Manager, this role will support the local accounts team to identify customers’ technical needs, challenges, and requirements, and utilize defined technical processes and procedures to develop a solution. This individual will collaborate with internal teams to ensure a seamless end-to-end project transition from pre-sales to post-sales. This role will be based in South Korea.
- Develop technical specifications for Digital Edge data centers across the platform and effectively communicate and present proposed solutions to customers
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer needs and develop customized solutions, including supporting with RFP/I/Q responses
- Provide technical support and assistance throughout the sales process (pre to post sales) in collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders
- Work with the product development team to identify areas for improvement and provide feedback on new features or product enhancements
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring that client needs are met, and issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Actively champion and implement policies and procedures for occupational health & safety in the workplace, information security management, environmental management systems; incident management; and comply with all legal regulatory requirements of the organization
The Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in Engineering (Preferably in Electrical / Mechanical / CSE) / Business Administration or equivalent
- Good understanding of data center infrastructure design standards, such as TIA, UTI Tier Standards etc
- 3+ years relevant sales engineering experience in the data center industry preferred, with knowledge of the industry and competitor landscape
- Sales / Pre-sales / Solution Engineer / Technical Consultant / Subject Matter Experts in data center industry with customer-oriented mindset are strongly desirable
- Experience working in a global/regional matrix organization
- Good customer facing skills
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, alongside strong organizational, project management and communication skills
- Strong command of both Korean and English language