Senior Software Developer (Python/ AI)
Posted on: July 7, 2022Apply Now
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital. Founded in 2019 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the VP Data Centre Services, this role will drive the development of innovative technologies and incorporate them into the operation portal. This involves defining and implementing API interfaces and data models. This person will work closely with various vendors to understand the functions and interfaces to come up with the overall architecture. He or she will work closely with our operation portal development team to incorporate new functions into it.
- Draft technical design documents based on functional requirements illustrating workflows, functions to be implemented and changes to existing functions
- Define and implement highly complex API interfaces with commercial, open source and in-house developed applications
- Assist on data model design, enhancement and documentation
- Drive prototyping of innovation projects such as facial recognition, robotic navigation and network automation using scripting languages such as Python and automation platforms such as Ansible and Puppet
- Build these software platforms using industry best practices that is production quality with documentation
- Manage the DevOps process with multiple parties to ensure smooth and successful software releases
The Successful Candidate:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience with proven skills on API integration
- Minimum 5 years of Python and other scripting languages
- Preferred to have 3+ years of NodeJS and Ansible or Puppet experience
- Able to implement modular, portable and production quality applications
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with DevOps processes and tools
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills