Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the world in which we live and work. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be and the better we will be able to serve our customers. All employment decisions at Digital Edge are made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Senior Legal Counsel
Singapore • Full-time • Competitive salary with discretionary annual bonus • Opportunity for equity participation (carry)
Digital Edge is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel to join its legal department in Singapore to provide legal advice to the Company across a wide array of legal matters affecting the Company’s business operations. The position will afford significant development opportunities with broad exposure across the platform of companies and will work closely with the leaders of the wider business.
In this role you will:
• Provide legal support in respect of the Company’s strategic acquisitions, mergers, partnerships and/or other undertakings.
• Provide legal support in respect of the Company’s financing activities, including short term, long term and syndicated loan agreements.
• Develop and launch various legal and compliance programmes (e.g., anti-corruption, gift and
entertainment, third party intermediaries, trade sanctions, document retention, privacy, contract
management, etc.) across different cultures, business units and legal systems.
• Develop and conduct employee training programmes in respect the foregoing, using a combination of in-person, web-enabled and train-the-trainer type programmes.
• Advise on a myriad of legal issues affecting the Company in respect of its day-to-day operations including, but not limited to, general contracting, compliance, litigation, financing, securities, resources, regulatory, tax and intellectual property matters.
• Law degree or equivalent degree
• 10-15 years PQE, with solid performance in both domestic and international general corporate, commercial and contract law.
• Knowledge/experience related to mergers, acquisition and/or financing required. Knowledge of data center operations is extremely helpful but not required.
• Excellent drafting and negotiation skills a must.
• Decision maker able to interact with senior business leaders, customers, management, outside counsel
and business partners.
• Strong communications skills and a demonstrated ability to work in an unstructured, fast-paced
• Understanding of different cultures and legal systems and ability to make fast, accurate on the spot
decisions in respect of complex legal issues facing multinational companies.