Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the world in which we live and work. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be and the better we will be able to serve our customers. All employment decisions at Digital Edge are made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Senior Software Engineer
Hong Kong/Singapore . Full-time . Competitive Salary with discretionary annual bonus
Digital Edge is seeking an IT Applications Software Engineer to join our regional team. Working closely with internal departments, the IT Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, customizing and supporting IT applications for our internal users to help automate and systemize process tasks, implement databases and web-based interfaces to manage structured customer data, transform data into existing databases, and develop our customer facing web portal.
In this job you will:
• Understand user needs, leveraging available product/packages on market to quickly and cost effectively deliver a solution to the user.
• Develop and deploy IT solutions
• Analyze and edit existing computer applications to improve functionality
• Remodel and adapt applications as needed to optimize performance
• Install applications and confirm proper communication between equipment and systems
Identify specific customer and client needs and preferences related to application
• Test applications extensively to ensure they are error and bug free
• Act as a technical advisor to all departments
• Maintain computer applications databases
• Determine project constraints including estimated time and costs
• Connect with internal end users to analyze user experience and gain constructive feedback
• Customize specialized applications according to client needs
• Create and present application prototypes
• Collaborate with engineering and programming departments
• Bachelor’s in computer engineering, computer science, or related field
• 4+ years experience as an applications engineer
• Excellent working experience in Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall methodologies with high quality deliverables delivered on-time.
• Extensive knowledge in various programming languages (Required: Python, JS, Desired: Perl, PHP, C++ etc.)
• Extensive knowledge in data modelling, query languages and open-sourced databases (Postgres, MongoDB, InfluxDB)
• Experience in Designing and working with APIs (REST, SOAP, XML, XMLRPC, etc)
• Experience in automated test tools (pytest, pyATS)
• Worked with MVW frameworks like Django, Angular JS, HTML, CSS, XML, Java Script, jQuery, JSON and Node.js
• Desirable to have relevant experience working with or for a global telecommunications or data center operator.
• Experience in UI design
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably an additional Asian language.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.