Site Operations Engineer
Posted on: June 2, 2022Apply Now
Who we are:
Digital Edge is a trusted and forward-looking data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital.
Our mission is to bridge the digital divide across Asia Pacific by building the sustainable digital ecosystems of the future. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making digital infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical.
Founded in 2020 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and currently provides data center and fiber services across China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and the Philippines. This role is an exciting opportunity to join our fast growing team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Site Manager, this bilingual role will perform the fundamental function to keep operational readiness of DE DC environment in daily operation on 24/7 shift both in Japanese/Korean and English.
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Installs/Tests/Modifies/troubleshoots cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: fiber, twisted pair copper, coax and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and test cross connects using appropriate testers
- Ensures test results are aligned with industry standards
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Build, assess and continually improve internal and externally-facing controlled documentation
- Finishes the assigned task and training in a timely manner
- Responsible for monitoring customer applications and DE’s operational architecture
- Respond to alarms in accordance with DE procedures
The Successful Candidate:
- Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centers or Datacenters
- Experience of Copper / Fiber Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Knowledge of Datacenter environments or previous ISP or Telco Background
- Baseline Knowledge of network, facilities and security-oriented monitoring systems