Site Operations Engineer
Japan / Korea
Posted on: June 2, 2022Apply Now
Digital Edge DC (Digital Edge) is an emerging data center platform company, established to transform digital infrastructure in Asia. We seek to build the foundation for the world’s digital future, helping organizations to grow sustainably and empowering the populations they serve. Through building and operating state-of-the-art, energy-efficient data centers rich with connectivity options, we aim to bring new colocation and interconnect options to the Asian market, making infrastructure deployment in the region easy, efficient and economical. Backed by Stonepeak, a leading alternative investment firm specializing in infrastructure and real assets, Digital Edge has in excess of US$1 billion in committed capital. Founded in 2019 the company has grown rapidly across multiple markets in the region, and this role is an exciting opportunity to join the team as we further expand our footprint across Asia.
- Respect: We embrace diversity and collaboration.
- Innovation: We share ideas and solve problems.
- Grit: We are driven and determined.
- Excellence: We optimize for success.
- Responsibility: We do what’s right for our people and the planet.
What We Need:Reporting to the Site Manager, this bilingual role will perform the fundamental function to keep operational readiness of DE DC environment in daily operation on 24/7 shift both in Japanese/Korean and English.
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Installs/Tests/Modifies/troubleshoots cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: fiber, twisted pair copper, coax and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Installs and test cross connects using appropriate testers
- Ensures test results are aligned with industry standards
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Build, assess and continually improve internal and externally-facing controlled documentation
- Finishes the assigned task and training in a timely manner
- Responsible for monitoring customer applications and DE’s operational architecture
- Respond to alarms in accordance with DE procedures
The Successful Candidate:
- Experience in Customer Service, Operation Centers or Datacenters
- Experience of Copper / Fiber Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Knowledge of Datacenter environments or previous ISP or Telco Background
- Baseline Knowledge of network, facilities and security-oriented monitoring systems